Wednesday, April 21, 2010

When Yovi is Jovi(al)

Yovani Gallardo threw 103 pitches (61 for strikes) and was lifted after 5 innings of shut-out ball tonight after giving up just 3 hits while walking another 3 but striking out 10.

Grey of razzball said, "Imagine if this guy could go 9 innings," and I imagine that he's referring to the magical Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus where Yovi Ks 18 batters while donning the faces of three Hollywood friends of Heath Ledger and Terry Gilliam, but I refuse. Fantasy Baseball is serious business and despite the fact that both FB and Imaginarium deal with Good vs Evil and Heaven & Hell, there's no room for Gilliam-style hallucinogens.

I do accept, on the other hand, these types of dense and tightly-wrapped gift nuggets from Yovi the Jovi.

Don't even try to start complaining about the high pitch counts. High pitch counts means Ks (in the world of Yovi, but clearly not in the current world of Verlander - yes, this is an offhand knock on the Detroit "Ace").

I am dying for wins (133.1 IP and just 4 W) and Yovi, please give us (I am not alone, I am not alone, I am not alone . . .) more of these 5 IP wins. Please make it at least 19 more.

No comments:

Post a Comment